Our committed mission is to assist those in the African American and Hispanic community infected with or affected by the HIV/AIDS virus. The primary goal is to address the needs for HIV/AIDS prevention via education. With kindness, compassion, respect, and spirituality, we serve through outreach, provision of resources, and support other churches and organizations with like goals and objectives.
• To assist persons and their families infected with or affected by the HIV/AIDS virus.
• To educate the African American and Hispanic communities on the prevention of HIV/AIDS.
• To encourage leaders of the faith-based communities (all denominations) to participate in the reduction of AIDS by speaking out on the issue and establishing an AIDS ministry in their place of worship.
President – Renee Murray
Vice President – Carolyn Perkins
Secretary – Cassandra Touchard
Treasurer – Bill Thomas
Chaplain – Jacquelyn Temple
• Members are asked to donate $5 per month ($60 a year) to offset expenses incurred in the preparation of lunches served once a month to patients at King/Drew Oasis Clinic.
• The AIDS Ministry held a fundraiser activity in November 2017; donated $500 to St. Brigid Church.
• The AIDS Ministry has also co-host the water/soda booth for the carnival fundraiser in past years.
The AIDS Ministry meets the third Sunday of each month following the 10:30 AM Gospel Mass.